Tasha Steel | University of Sunderland

Media Production (Video and New Media)

Looking Back…

How has this past year gone so quickly?

I remember standing in front of my boyfriend (who I’d enlisted to help me film my introduction video) and feeling so awkward about filming! It’s weird cause I’ve been in front of the camera plenty of times – I mentioned months ago that I used to make vlogs when I was back in sixth form.

As you can see through all the videos I’ve created, I’m pretty used to it now. From walking around London, Manchester and Berlin vlogging on the go, to filming myself doing the Zip Wire Challenge in the summer.

I hope you’ve enjoyed watching all my videos and reading my posts; I’ve enjoyed being part of Lives Online and it’s been amazing to meet the other guys too. I wish them all the best and hopefully we can stay in touch!

So, just for a little giggle… here’s my introduction video for you to see again. Those 20 seconds took me a good half hour to film!

[youtube id=”NgHFhDD_dts” mode=”normal”]

• Name: Tasha Steel
  • Studying: Media Production (Video and New Media) BA (Hons)
  • Hometown: Sunderland
  • Ambitions: I want to have a creative role within the media industry. I'm keeping my options open right now and just trying to get as much experience as possible.