Tasha Steel | University of Sunderland

Media Production (Video and New Media)

Freshers Weekend!

At the weekend I was working  the ‘Puzzled’ drop in event for Freshers. It felt weird to be there and not be a student anymore. Weird in a good way though. So much has happened in the past few months, it’s been crazy busy and I’ll be discussing that in my final video – that’ll be next week.

I can’t believe it’s been a year since I was getting ready to start my final year studying Video and New Media. Seeing all the Freshers yesterday and answering their questions was lovely, just a few years ago I was in that situation. I worried about what to take with me for the first week, where I needed to be and who I needed to speak to. Now the tables have turned and I’m dishing out advice and sharing stories about my time as a student. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great… it just feels weird and I guess it hasn’t hit me properly that I’m no longer a student!

Anyway, to leave this on a positive note, here’s my free ice cream I had yesterday, thanks to the Student Union!

• Name: Tasha Steel
  • Studying: Media Production (Video and New Media) BA (Hons)
  • Hometown: Sunderland
  • Ambitions: I want to have a creative role within the media industry. I'm keeping my options open right now and just trying to get as much experience as possible.