Tasha Steel | University of Sunderland

Media Production (Video and New Media)

Paris – Part 1

As you may have seen from recent facebook updates, I went to Paris for a few days with my boyfriend before I started my new job. I had a great time and although I didn’t really end up vlogging – if anything it was a bit of a break from blogging although, if I go back (and I would very much like to) I’ll definitely vlog my trip then. I do have a few bits of video footage which I might mush together as a little thing, even if it’s just to show you the incredible firework display we saw!

Since we did so much while we were there, I thought it would be best to split this into 3 separate posts. Today this covers our first full day. We visited the Arc De Triomphe on the Sunday night before we went for some food, but on Monday we actually climbed up all the steps (really should have counted them, since there were so many!) and saw the view from the top. It was incredible and I’d highly recommend it.

On the morning we wandered down to Notre Dame and had a look around inside. It’s free to go in and the queue goes down pretty quick so don’t let that put you off. We had so much to fit in that we didn’t have time to wait in the queue to go up the towers, but it’s definitely something I’d like to do another time.

We witnessed the planes flying overhead as part of Bastille Day celebrations, followed by a mass of helicopters. It was all very patriotic and incredible to see. I wish we’d actually seen the full military parade – we saw highlights on the news in our hotel and it all looked great.

Things took a turn for the incredibly cute when we visited a couple of pet shops and I saw a pug puppy and french bulldogs. If only I could have brought them home with me!

We took a pit stop outside the Louvre and took a couple of photos. Of course I had to get a tourist shot with one of the pyramids!

After our trek up the Arc De Triomphe, we went back to the hotel for a little break before heading down to see the fireworks. I can honestly say it’s the best firework display I’ve ever seen and it lasted 35 minutes! So patriotic with the blue, white and red fireworks and such a lucky coincidence that we were there for it!

Hope you like the photos and look out for part 2 and 3 (I’ll have to split it that way to avoid overloading you with photos!)

• Name: Tasha Steel
  • Studying: Media Production (Video and New Media) BA (Hons)
  • Hometown: Sunderland
  • Ambitions: I want to have a creative role within the media industry. I'm keeping my options open right now and just trying to get as much experience as possible.