Tasha Steel | University of Sunderland

Media Production (Video and New Media)

Writing My Final University Assignment

10426916_285424158295140_7591994583818489978_n

So, this is it! I’m just hours away from handing in my final university assignment then I’ll be completely finished. The past three years have flown by – way quicker than I could have imagined and it really was how people said it would be. I didn’t believe them when they said it would fly by, everyone says that about school and sixth form, but it really is true!

I’m not going to say it’s all been easy, because I’d be lying. I have struggled at times but sticking with it and trying my best is all anyone could have asked from me.

Now, as I write this (and look back over my dissertation evaluation which is the final assignment) I kind of feel like I’m not ready to leave. I couldn’t wait to get out of school and I felt fine about leaving sixth form but uni, it’s just different. Maybe it’s because I’ve got to get myself a job now and start my career (eeek) and that’s pretty scary! Don’t get me wrong, it’s exciting and it means I’ll be starting a new chapter of my life (as cheesy as that sounds).

Anyway, before I start getting too nostalgic and emotional (there’s plenty of that to come I suspect) I should really go and check over this assignment and get it ready to hand in tomorrow!

• Name: Tasha Steel
  • Studying: Media Production (Video and New Media) BA (Hons)
  • Hometown: Sunderland
  • Ambitions: I want to have a creative role within the media industry. I'm keeping my options open right now and just trying to get as much experience as possible.