Stanislava Ponjevic | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy MPharm

Exploring Banff National Park, AB

Hey everyone!

Last weekend I took a spontaneous trip to the mountains with some good friends of mine to get some fresh air and of course I’m never one to pass up traveling… anywhere! The first day we arrived, we decided to bike the Legacy Trail from Canmore to Banff. We biked about 15 km there and back which was a good portion of the trail but unfortunately not all of it; we had got lost somewhere along the way and couldn’t find the trail that extended out of Banff. Regardless, it was one of the best bike rides I’ve had in a while and I definitely felt the burn in my quads the next day. Day 2 included a big breakfast at a local diner in Canmore before we took on a hike through Johnston Canyon. We hiked to the very top to see the ink pots and in total we covered nearly 12 km that day! I was so proud of us; it’s nice to use mother nature as your gym sometimes and we definitely took advantage of that opportunity. Watch the video below and see our adventures throughout the weekend. I definitely recommend the bike/hike to anyone who’s outdoorsy (or hoping to become so) and looking for a fun activity to do with friends.

Stanislava