Stanislava Ponjevic | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy MPharm

Travelling Through the Alberta Rockies

Hello everyone!

Last week I spent a couple of days travelling through Alberta and doing some sightseeing. I always consider myself lucky to live so close to the Rockies and be able to go skiing/snowshoeing during the winter and hiking and other such activities during the summer. We drove roughly 4 hours from Edmonton to Jasper National Park and went up the gondola (Jasper Skytram) and were able to see some amazing mountain views at the top… We even managed to get some hiking in! I hadn’t anticipated how cold it was going to be at the top so you’ll notice in the videos that I’m not quite dressed for the weather. We ended our day by going to the Athabasca Falls which are also located in Jasper National Park and one of the best parts was that it allowed me and my brother to try out our new GoPro Hero 4 camera! Hopefully I’ll be able to take it with me during the rest of my travels this summer. I hope you guys enjoy the video and get the chance to see it for yourselves!

Stanislava