Stanislava Ponjevic | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy MPharm

Christmas in Sunderland

Hello everyone!

As you all may know, Christmas break is quickly approaching and since I’ve had my last deadline before break, I have been enjoying getting into the Christmas spirit! My flatmate and I finally went out and got a Christmas tree, which only cost us £10 from Argos; we also bought some tinsel and ornaments and I am happy to say our flat is now Christmas-y.

We even bought a gingerbread house kit at Tesco (£4) and ended up decorating that day while listening to our favorite Christmas songs.

The night ended with us going into Newcastle to do the Jingle Bell Walk with my flatmate and her family. This charity is in support of Children’s cancer research and is not only a way to raise awareness but is a way to raise money to find a cure. The walk is good fun too (even though it was freezing!). It’s important that even as students, we get involved in some form of giving back whether it be to our community (current or past) or to a charity. If you’re interested in participating in the walk next year, click here to learn some more about the charity or the walk. Here’s a few pictures and a video clip taken from my Instagram!

And finally, I’d like to end the post off with my FAVORITE Christmas song. I know you guys are probably thinking “it’s so typical that her favorite Christmas song is by a Canadian singer” but honestly, who doesn’t love Michael Buble!? Anyways, enjoy your weekend guys, I’ll be headed to Edinburgh on Sunday to check out the Christmas markets so watch out for some more Christmas and travel filled posts next week!

Stanislava