Stanislava Ponjevic | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy MPharm

Travelling to Ireland from England

Hey guys!

I’ve been back from my trip to Ireland for a few days now but I wanted to talk a bit about what it’s like to travel from England to Ireland. I booked my ticket about 3 weeks before my departure date and got a steal of a deal- £40 with return! RyanAir is great for flying short distances and regularly does trips from Newcastle Airport to Dublin Airport. This airline is cheaper because it does not include any additional features that you would expect such as checked in baggage or complementary drinks or snacks. In all honesty, this is stuff you don’t really need for an hour flight (such as ours) and a large bag isn’t necessary for a weekend so traveling with a carry-on bag, which is free, is optimal. Even though the flight is very cheap, you should expect Dublin to be expensive, as it is the capital city and a major tourist destination! My Irish friend, Meadhbh, and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at CrackBird, a very popular restaurant among locals/tourists, and paid around 25 euro (£16) for a shared meal but prices for one range from 15 to 25 euro (£12-20); depending on how many sides you order. Drinks for a night out in Dublin vary depending on the night and the spot you go to; we started in Grafton Lounge where cocktails were 2 for 1 and depending on the price of each drink this came out to 13 euro (£10) for both drinks. If you do venture to Ireland make sure to check out the countryside, there’s gorgeous landscapes, greenery and many historical sites that I plan to explore the next time I have the chance. To end off this post, here’s a short video that sums up my weekend away. Hope you enjoy it, thanks everyone!

Stanislava

2 Responses to “Travelling to Ireland from England”

1. Pete says:

Cool video, good music and good band playing as well. Did you see the statue of Phil Lynott in Grafton Street?