Stanislava Ponjevic | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy MPharm

How To Make Homemade Pizza

Hey guys,

So as promised, here is the recipe for homemade pizza. Of all the activities I love to do, cooking is my favorite; not only because I love food but because I love to experiment with different ideas! So have a look, try it out, and let me know what you think!

Pizza Dough

1. Add 2 cups of wholewheat flour (may use white flour if preferred) and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Place to the side.

2. In a coffee/tea mug, add 1 packet (1 teaspoon) of yeast and fill the mug halfway with warm water. Add a pinch of salt and sugar and let bubble to the side for 5 minutes.

3. Make a hole in the center of the large bowl containing flour/salt. In here, add 1 tablespoon margarine and 1 tablespoon vinegar, then slowly add in the yeast.

4. Mix the ingredients together and add warm water until a dough-like consistency is reached.

5. Place some flour on a clean counter and knead dough with hands. Place on a plate and cover with a tea towel to allow the dough to rise (approx. 20 mins).

6. Use a rolling pin to get desired thickness of dough. Additional dough can be used to make another pizza or can be frozen to be used later!

Pizza w: paste

Make sure to preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Once you have placed the pizza on your pan (these can be found in Argos for £5), add your toppings and pop it into the oven for about 20 minutes. The result is a crispy pizza that tastes incredible and is pretty good for you too!

My toppings included: tomato paste & ketchup, turkey slices, onions, spinach, mushrooms and low-fat cheese.

Voilà! The finished product. C'est magnifique!

Voilà! The finished product. C’est magnifique! Picture taken from my Instagram: @stannielivesonline.