Scott Cowie | University of Sunderland

Computer Forensics BSc (Hons)

Movie Night: Minions!!! and Arabesque

Hello everyone, as part of my sister’s fiance’s birthday we decided to go eat local and watch a movie at the Empire Cinema in Sunderland.

Now I’ll admit the only times I’ve eaten out at University is usually on campus either at the cafe or Costa or something like that. This time we decided to try something new, across the Wearmouth Bridge and past the Nandos I have frequented a billion times is a golden door leading to a brilliantly themed Egyptian restaurant. Arabesque was great it was all different to me obviously apart from the Diet Pepsi lol. For starters we had the best ever chicken soup now as soup goes you wouldn’t think it would be that great but trust me it was strong and full of flavour and I’m a very fussy eater. I also recommend the mixed grill if you don’t know what you should order a great selection of mixed meats of different seasonings. And it was pretty cheap… go and support your local restaurants people!!!

Oh and students get a discount on Wednesday Evenings!

arabesque

So after our lovely meal we had a little walk up the street to the Sunderland Empire, not to be mistaken with the theatre this is the cinema which has tickets for £3.25 on a Tuesday which is good but we went on a Wednesday a little bit disappointed as it wasn’t as good as the Odeon at the Metrocentre where we’d usually go but it was good for the price so no complaints. Anyways we went to see Minions… it was a great film and its a prequel to Despicable Me  which is also a great series… you can’t truly enjoy it unless there are loads of kids especially when one little boy decided to clap… that sold it for me ^.^ Worth seeing anyway so go and see it at the Empire because there was hundreds of seats to choose from.

[youtube id=”SvKmSNxFHyQ”]

Thanks for reading!