Scott Cowie | University of Sunderland

Computer Forensics BSc (Hons)

Professional Mentor and Film Review (The Woman In Black)

So I had an eventful first day back, need to get back into University mode, meaning early starts a lot of work and luckily some free time here and there. I have so much to do but I thought I’d let you know how my Sunderland Futures Professional Mentoring Scheme meeting went.

Meeting my Personal Mentor Jon Saunders

My Mentor is Jon Saunders, we met yesterday for our first session, although a member of the Mentoring Team could not make it we still managed to break the ice quick. Although you can check out his LinkedIn profile, Jon runs his own company as well as being in partnership for a couple other companies. He started off as programmer like I wish to be but since then he’s become more of a director although he doesn’t keep a particular title and keeps a “box of titles” which he can use whenever he wants ha ha. We established a good friendship really quick and got to know each other, we have decided that as he hasn’t done programming for awhile he is going to help me with my placement goals, this means essentially that he is going to help me with my CV and cover letter, which will be a great help.

Jon Saunders

The Woman In Black – The Angel of Death

After University yesterday Becca needed to try and get a DVD to do with her English course so we decided to pop over to the Metro Centre and while we were there we decided to go and see The Woman In Black. It is actually a good film disregarding what others have said about it. I can genuinely say I jumped on more than one occasion and considering how many horrors I’ve watched it’s quite a hard job. It had a good story base and a good use of mixing horror with time period during the war. Personally I thought it was quite clever, it’s based around the 2nd world war where a small class group go to the Haunted Manor as refugees to escape the bombing but unleashed the woman in black. I recommend it as a definitely a 5/5 from me.

Thanks for reading and here’s the trailer:

[youtube id=”eYk0slXSY6s”]