Scott Cowie | University of Sunderland

Computer Forensics BSc (Hons)

Freshers Day 5: Student Lock Ins!

Freshers Fayre 2014

Freshers Fayre 2014

Hey everyone so this is my last freshers week blog as I work weekends part time and so I won’t able to attend anything else but I thought to wind up I would like to tell you about some other upcoming student events that you might be interested in. Firstly at City Space over City Campus there will be the Freshers Fayre next Wednesday (24th September 2014) these are always great as there are usually employers for part time student jobs and the different societies and groups come together, even I’ll be there from 2-4 ish for the student representatives table. Oh and yet again there’s  always loads of free stuff, last year there was pizza and memory sticks, free tickets and vouchers for different activities and stuff so get yourself down!

Hopefully everyone’s student finance will come in just in time for the other set of student events… the lock ins! This is the time  where you get “locked in” to places and you get huge discounts for being students up to 50% sometimes so you can get a new wardrobe or stationary etc. The first one is the same day as the Freshers Fayre but from 5-10 at the MetroCentre in Gateshead:

MetroCentre student lock in!

MetroCentre student lock in!

Then if you haven’t spent everything you have in one fell swoop then maybe you’d be interested in the one right here in Sunderland! The Bridges student lock in is on the 30th of September, although I know I can’t personally get to this one I will be in attendance at the MetroCentre one heading straight over after the Freshers Fayre but don’t forget to click on the links and register for your free entry to spend and get even more discounts!

2 Responses to “Freshers Day 5: Student Lock Ins!”

1. Huey Forden says:

Thanks again for the post.Really thank you! Cool.

2. Hi every one, here every one is sharing these
    kinds of experience, thus it’s pleasant to read this website, and I used to pay a quick visit
    this blog daily.