Scott Cowie | University of Sunderland

Computer Forensics BSc (Hons)

Freshers Day 2: Free Toffees!

Hey everyone so today me and Rebecca Raistrick were back on the streets to help the first year freshers who were lost and to spread awareness of the student rep role today however we ditched the horrid chocolate éclairs knock-offs for the assorted toffees. Here is a sneak clip taken by Rebecca of me trying to give away my free toffees:

[youtube id=”pRESlHn-0zw&list=UU6LEB7OuVpgQ6EjDVrV6qEA”]

I had also decided that I wanted to try and apply for the SuPA award this year as I was told that my first year I probably won’t have done enough to apply so I didn’t and better to try before third year when I’d be too busy! The SuPA award found hereis an additional award scheme which looks great on your C.V meant to show that you went above and beyond your course to show you had a real passion and really tried to get involved in your learning and employability skills, this is part of the Sunderland Futures Careers and Employability services which is located in the gateway.

So I had a meeting today with one of the advisor’s who gave me some great advice where to start looking for placements which I intend to do next year rather then doing the normal third year as I think it would be great for my employability I was also pointed towards the Professional Mentoring Scheme, and told to look at the Prospects website (Good job I was taking notes!). I’ll let you all know if I find out anything interesting or exciting so stay tuned!

3 Responses to “Freshers Day 2: Free Toffees!”

1. What’s up, I log on to your blogs regularly. Your story-telling style is awesome,
    keep doing what you’re doing!

2. Howdy! This blog post couldn’t be written much better!

Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept talking about this. I most certainly will
    forward this information to him. Fairly certain he’s going to have a great read.

I appreciate you for sharing!

3. I went over this internet site and I conceive you have a lot of good info , saved to favorites (:.