Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

My Own Show on Spark & Music Monday #11!

Yo! How are we all? I thought as today was the first day of my VERY OWN show on Spark FM, I’d offer up a Music Monday galore type thaaaaaang.

This isn’t going to have any particular generic theme, but instead just music that I have either been listening to a lot recently. or new ones that I love and think will get big.

#1 – First up is Walk The Moon with ‘Shut Up And Dance’ 

It’s been out a little while I think, taken from the bands second album. It’s just a nice good feel good song about relaxing and letting go, being stupid and dancing! It’s a yes from me and my terrible attempts at dancing.

#2 – ‘Every Tear Drop Is A Waterfall’ from Coldplay

This is a song that never fails to make me feel better. The whole of the album, ‘Mylo Xloto’ in fact does that. It’s fantastic. Coldplay aren’t everyone else cup of tea, but there certainly are mine.

#3 – Third up is a new one from the Disclosure lads, it’s ‘Bang That’

A new on from the guys here. I love it. It’s my go-to for just getting me out of the house quickly in a morning. I just throw on anything I can find, not caring for any sense of style- finishing it off with a SnapBack to hide the mess that is my untamed hair!

#4 – is a TUNE from Giorgio Moroder, ft Sia. 

I’ll be honest and say that this TUNE slipped through my musical net until I heard it on my show today. I LOVE IT! It’s a fantastic track. It’s got heavy 80s disco vibes and the fantastic being that is Sia. What more could you want in a track? It’s a BIG YES from me.

#5 – CLASSIC ALERT – ‘All Night Long’ from Mr Lionel Richie.

We all love a bit of the Rich-tea. If you say you don’t you’re a liar. I’m not sure why I’ve found myself listening to this recently, but I have and I’m not even sorry!

#6 – Last up for todays Music Monday is a track from a local band that I love. ‘B L U E L O V E’ from Lisbon!

A great track from a local North Eastern band. I like the music these guys bring to the fold. I get a 1975 like vibe, and thats totally ok with me. It’s not a bad thing- it’s a good vibe!

That about wraps up this edition of Music Mondays. I hope you’ve enjoyed it. IF you hadn’t seen it on my Facebook page (how?) and didn’t understand what I meant at the start of this post- I HAVE MY OWN SHOW!

Every Monday, 12-2pm you will hear my ramblings about everything and anything. Nothing new there then, just a definite time and place. It’s going to be fun, I can tell!

Cheers, and enjoy the music- here and on Spark!

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Writer. Filmmaker. Radio Person, Mondays on Spark 12-2pm. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify