Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

An Editorial Shift at SR News!

Holla! This is going to be as quick a post as I can make it, purely because I’m ravenous.

Today was the day I was essentially, for all informed purposes, Editor for the SR News bulletins that go out every hour from the SR News Booth, on Spark.

[youtube id=”f8sYWTn9eZI”]

This basically means that I was the deciding factor in whether or not a story went ahead into a bulletin, out on-air. As well as that, I was tasked to make sure that everyone was doing a job and that the online platforms of the Media Hub were getting the correct attention too.

As stressful as it might sound, (Or not, depending on who you are and what your job is.) I didn’t actually get stressed at all. I feel like I kept a level head throughout the day and managed in the role well. Every bulletin was a success and had audio clips or interviews other than the actual newsreader in, which is one of the more desirable¬†things in a bulletin. (Could I say that ‘b’ word anymore? Probably..)

ANYWAYS, to sum up- EVERYTHING WENT WELL AND I LOVED IT!

– Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Writer. Filmmaker. Radio Person. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify