Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

All Things Music & Spark

Aloha pals, how are we all doing?

This is just a quick post while I attempt to finish an essay that’s due in tomorrow! (Wish me luck, I need it.)

If you’ve already read some of my posts throughout my time as a Lives Online blogger, you’ll know it’s no secret that I love all things music, I think Music Monday proves that. It’s also no secret how much I’m involved with Spark.

If you’re new to my page; hello, nice to kind of, almost, not really meet you. I’m Liam, a guy who has changed university courses so many times it’s silly. I’m  a massive fan of a wide mix of music, and work on Sunderland’s radio station; Spark FM. (http://www.sparksunderland.com/) on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, as well as any other day they need me and I’m free.

So far, I’ve been able to do a lot of cool things, most notably; interview Rob Coles, the lead singer of local North East band Little Comets. I should mention that Little Comets are probably my most favourite band. They’re a local gem!

Most recently though, and I’m talking really recently (Friday 6th, -3 days ago at the time of writing) I got to head up to Newcastle and interview, watch and review a band that I L.O.V.E. Glass Animals are an Oxford originating band that are just, generally mint. I can’t quite put them in a specific genre box, other than ‘Free Adventure’- which, is what I told them and they seemed to dig it.

They’re already massive in places like America and Australia, and they’re getting bigger here in the UK now too. They’re playing festivals like Reading, Leeds and even Coachella in the States.. Can you see why I was freaking out a little?

They were fantastic to speak to, and they put on an amazing show. At the moment, I feel like it was one of the best live gigs I’ve seen yet. I also got the offer to write a review, which I lapped up the chance to do. It’s now live over at: http://www.sparksunderland.com/featured/2015/03/glass-animals-in-newcastle/ – Take a look, I’d love to know what you think! The lads tweeted me today as well, which I’ll not lie about- I fan boy’ed at.

When the interview is aired, and put online, I’ll be making sure I put it on here for you to listen to! Stay tuned!

– Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Writer. Filmmaker. Radio Person. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify