Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Month/Weekend Away!

Hello my amigos. I hope you’re doing well.

I think it’s safe to say it’s been a little quiet on the ol’ blogosphere during January. BUT, I have reasons!

– My Mac decided it wasn’t happy with our relationship and needed some time away. (Yes, it broke and I needed to take it in for repair.) WHICH, caused the footage I had and was editing to go live, completely cease to exist.

– I myself had to go to the doctors for some stuff. I’m planning on making a video about in the coming days.. Which, also sounds incredibly weird, but trust me- It’ll be a worthy watch. I hope.

– I decided that, as a knock on effect to the aforementioned doctors visit I’d take a little R&R time. Kind of. Basically I just lightened the load on myself for a week or two!

BUT, after heading for a weekend away with my flatmates, I’m back! Back, after seeing the first month of 2015 off in a pretty nice way. Yes, it may have been insanely cold, but it was filled with laughs, driving, drinks, food and friends. What more could you ask for?

We headed to Morecambe, the home town of two of my friends/flatmates. It’s a lovely place!

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 23.23.29

We headed down to attend a local charity gig that comedian Jon Richardson arranges yearly. It was a fantastic night and a fantastic mix of laugh providers that we actually ended up going out with after. Including Angela Barnes, (Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMoSv_amUgU – STRONG LANGUAGE.) who I, at literal first meeting, for some reason decided to shake hands with. Straight away- just went in there for a handshake.

Here’s the problem with that- we were in one of the most casual of bars filled with people. Handshake. What did I think it was, a job interview?

Bay beaut. #Morecambe #MorecambeBay #Beach #MuchCold #MuchWind #LivesOnline

A photo posted by Liam Lillico (@liamlivesonline) on

BUT, alas it was a fantastic time. Thanks to Shannon’s famalama to being top notch hosts, and to Ben’s for being just as nice! Lets end with a photo with Jon, my flatmates and myself. Happy days!

Cheers pals, I’m glad to be back. (Not that I ever really went away!) Till next time!

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Radio Person. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify