Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday #8 – First of 2015 / Announcement!

Hola!

I’m just going to start by saying that I’ve been awake since about 5:30am and non-stop busy- all on about four hours of sleep. So if there’s a few grammatical errors that slip past me, bare with. I’m in a tired haze at the time of writing!

RIGHT THEN. Back to business.

I had to think about what the first #MM of 2015 would be, for a little while. I had so many options. SO. MANY.

And then all of a sudden, it came to me.

JAMES BAY

Forget about bae (Please. Seriously, please.) because 2015 is all about the Bay.

His first studio album ‘Chaos and the Calm’ is due out at the end of March, and I for one can’t wait. He’s also touring all over the place, and coming to Newcastle in April. I’M GOING! Tickets are still available as far as I know- so get on it and grab some. He started getting big at the end of last year and I think this year is just going to crazy explode for him.

All in all, he seems like an all round nice chap, and I think his voice is mint!

Announcement Time!

I’ve mentioned before in various places- I jumped straight into getting involved with the radio side of Spark. I must of done something right as, in quite a small period of time I’d managed to secure the gig of being a co-producer for the lovely Rosie Ramsey’s Breakfast Show, on every Monday and Wednesday 7am till 10am. (Hence the aforementioned tiredness!) and I couldn’t be happier to do so- I love it! Continuing my ‘doing something right’ streak, over the Christmas period I was asked if I was able to help out and cover-produce shows. Sadly due to other commitments I couldn’t.

BUT (And this is where it gets more interesting!)

I’m about to start working on a brand new show, full of newy newness!

I’ve now been asked to team up with a hilarious human, and friend that goes by the name of Lauren, or if you’re me- Lolen, as she’s always laughing.

TOMORROW (January 13th, 2015) is our first show. We’ll be live every Tuesday, 10-12 and I’d love you to listen. If you’d like to check us out- head on over to http://www.sparksunderland.com/ at around the 10am hour and have an ear-gander. It’s Lauren and myself, so trust me there won’t be a dull moment! I’ve had my producer hat on already and I’ve came up with tons of ideas!

None of this new show m’larky means I’ll be leaving my Breakfast amigos- oh no, not a chance. I’ll just be working on both shows. I can’t wait to get started (and wake up at a more respectable time for at least one of Spark days!).

Oh, and I’ve checked the playlist for the show- our very first song is ‘Hold Back the River’ by Mr James Bay. SEE WHAT I DID THERE? Full circle or what!

(How’d I do on the whole ‘spelling things correctly’ front? Alright? I think so..)

Make sure to check back soon for more. Also- check out the links below to keep up with me, because that’s what all the cool people are doing! Till next time palareenos,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Radio Person. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify