Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Media Student. TV/Film Recommendation: Broadchurch Return!

Aloha friends. I hope we’re all well. I wasn’t planning on doing this, but I couldn’t not..

Monday’s are no longer the worst day of the week. Oh no, they’re now the best. I’ve literally just finished watching the episode 1 of the second series of ITV drama’phenomenon ‘Broadchurch’.

WOW.

new-picture-1

I’ll admit, I was worried it was going to be terrible. It’s often the case with second goes with stuff. Not to mention it’s been two years since series 1. This though? Didn’t. disappoint. AT. ALL. Somehow, it’s just as a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

I loved every second of it. It’s fantastic. The writing is on a whole other level, so major, major kudos to Chris Chibnall. Being able to achieve so much story in under an hour is insane. It’s superb. Along with such great writing comes the class A acting of almost everyone involved. David Tennant is and has been a personal favourite of mine ever since Doctor Who. Andrew Buchan and Jodie Whittaker give again fantastic performances, and they even both had their time to shine in emotion, all in the first episode.

Olivia Coleman though, man.. WHAT A WOMEN! She can do no wrong. Such an amazing talent. I said it on Twitter whilst the show was on- she somehow manages to be a complete emotional ball of intensity, be constantly on the edge all whilst being funny. She’s superb. A class act. Olivia and David together is my favourite TV pairing in the longest time.

So many twists. So any unanswered questions. So many new questions.

Can it be next Monday, please?

The_End_Is_Where_It_Begins_in_the_first_teasers_for_Broadchurch_series_two

If you’re yet to watch it.. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO! Enjoy!

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Radio Person. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify