Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #7 | Last one of 2014!

Hola! I hope everyone had an epic christmas with their famalama (family). Mine was an enjoyable one, and now I’m busy gearing up for 2015!

When I realised that it was the last Monday of 2014 (Crazy right?), I knew straight away what song should get a #MM.

‘In a Perfect World’ by The Sam Chase.

It’s been out for a little while, and it’s from their ‘Will Never Die’ album, and it may of even featured in a previous #MM.

It’s such a easy going song.. I think it’s hard not to love it. “It’s an exhilarating mix of relaxing and motivating”. I just think it’s a song of wonderment.. that you can go chill, you can go adventuring, you can go do whatever you want to do, because the world is what it is.

Let me tell you mister
you should always talk to strangers
because you never really know the brilliant things that you might hear”

I’d known about them for a while, and was beyond stoked when I heard them on the end of a mini documentary style videos on YouTube, by a pair of filmmakers I watch; JacksGap. It was used at the end of this mega triumphant trip across India, in a rickshaw. That’s impressive, adventurous and also something I now REALLY, REALLY want to do. It looks incredible. I’ve linked the first episode down below. Watch it, you won’t regret it!

MORE!

Another reason I thought it’s a good song to end the year on is because yes, while it’s upbeat and hints for better things (Like we all want for a new year.)- I’ve also been granted permission from The Sam Chase to use the song in any and all of my videos. YES! So, whenever it fits- it’ll be there, so keep a listen out.

Enjoyyyyy!

Make sure to check back soon and to keep up with me on all of my links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify