Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #6

Aloha my amigos! How are we all? Good I hope. Now, I thought it’d been a little while since Music Monday’s had been a thing. So, it’s back!

Kind of.

Instead of throwing music in every direction, I thought I’d change it up a little bit and give you some material that’s that extra bit important to me recently.. does that make sense? Yes, no, maybe? I have no idea.. but maybe the way I explain the songs will make it clearer.
Now, if you follow me on my links down below, and twitter more notably in this case- you may have seen my rave about this song a few times already.. BUT I LOVE IT!

It’s just so good. And it was just what I needed last Friday afternoon.  I presented my first live show on Spark. Sunderland’s radio station. It was my turn to present the Spark Recap Show, in which the best bits of the week are replayed for the listening pleasure. My role was basically to present the show and introduce the songs and clips.

Now, I’ll not go into to much detail, but I will say it could have gone a whole lot smoother, BUT that’s alright- a few days later, I can now say it’s a learning curve. (At the time though and some time after I felt so bad. So, so so bad!) But this song, as if by magic was in the playlist for my hour, and it managed to calm me down, NO END, almost immediately.

If you don’t find yourself at the very least, foot tapping or head-bobbing then you sir/madam have some issues that need addressing. It’s such a fantastic, groove of a song. I can’t stop listening too it. So, essentially what I’m trying to say is- this song saved my life last Friday!

There we have it- the shortened story of my fail live on air and my favourite song of the moment, all in the same post. Go me.

If you want to hear me live on air, you may have to wait a little while, as I’m not sure yet when I’m next scheduled. But, I am a producer on the lovely Rosie Ramsey’s Breakfast Show every Wednesday, so you may here me on air, there now and again.

Cheers folks, I’ll be back next week with a very special interview I did with a local band that I LOVE, so check back next week and make sure to keep up with me on all of my links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify