Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Media Student. Film Recommendation: Tomorrow When The War Began

Hey guys, how’s it going?

Given that I’m currently studying something in the media field, it’s probably fairly obvious that I’m into film!

Well, it’s a correct probability- I love so many films, it’d be impossible to chose a favourite. My film catalog is big and varied, so every once and a while I think it’d be a good idea to throw a film out there for you guys to watch. Think of it as a way to get to know me a little better, to get to know what I’m into and what I like.

So, the first film I’m throwing your way is Tomorrow When The War Began.

I love film. I love Australia. So, tonight it's all about Australian film 'Tomorrow When The War Began'. Yewwieee. #TomorrowWhenTheWarBegan #Film #AustralianFilm #Love #IWishAustralian

The 2010 film is adapted from the novels written by John Marsden. It centres around 7 teenagers that return from a camping trip to find their homes abandoned and no sign of life on the local radios either. Having witnessed army plans fly over the secluded camping spot outside of their town Wirrawee. Soon realising that Australia has been taken over by a foreign power, the teen decide it’s up to them to regain some form of control, given they have the upper hand knowing the town and surrounding area better than the enemy.

As far as film adaptions go- I often don’t rate them all that much, but this film is one of few that I actually like a lot. I love the books, their fantastic and would recommend them. Most of the time, I always have a hard time with book adaptions- most recently The Maze Runner left me massively disappointed and I honestly feel like Wes Ball should make a public apology.. but anyways, what I’m trying to get at is the fact that if I’m singing this films praises- it must be an alright watch. But hey, maybe that has something to do with how much I love Australia!

Guess there is only one way to find out.. watch it!

Sadly, right at the very last minute of starting the second instalment, the plug was pulled- rather annoyingly I might add as well. Don’t let that stop you watching it though.

Have fun guys, I’ll be back in a few days with more for your eyes and ears to feast on.  To keep up with me- you’ll find all of the links down below. Till next time my friends,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify