Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #5.

What’s up guys, how are you doing?

For the 5th Music Monday’s, I thought I’d make it slightly different. This week, the 5 songs are all going to be live covers. By that, I mean I’m going to show you 5 of  my favourite covers by artists trying their hand at another artists song. Shall we?

#1. Is an incredible cover (in my eyes and ears anyways.) of Drake’s ‘Hold On, We’re Going Home’ by Nick Mulvey. There’s no denying that I’m a little obsessed with Mulvey right now, so I constantly find myself listening to anything and everything he does. Check it;

#2. This week is a cover from The Vamps. They did this in Radio 1’s Live Lounge back in April and I won’t lie- I think it’s an alright crack at it. I’m not a die hard Vamps fan, which is fine I’m hardly their target demographic, but that doesn’t mean I won’t listen to them or turn it off straight away.

#3. Is a brand new one, covered by one of my favourite bands. One Republic were in the Live Lounge just a week ago and decided to cover George Ezra’s ‘Budapest’ after covered one of their songs a little while ago. I love Ryan’s voice and love the cover. It’s fantastic. Have a listen;

#4. This time around is by none other than the incredible Ed Sheeran. I’m in love with this guy right now, so I couldn’t not have him in the mix. This mashup cover was with Passenger last year and it’s awesome. I don’t think I need to say anything more on it then that; so sit back, press play and enjoy!

#5. Is a cover of a very well known Cyndi Lauper song, ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ by my current biggest obsession George Ezra. I think there has been some mixed reviews of the cover, but I love it. It’s chilled but playful. Ezra, I salute you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK_mWnX4s64.

#6. Sadly, it’d be impossible to do a cover album, so it’s back to standard behaviour where I throw an album for you guys to listen too. I’ve found myself listening back to Florence + The Machine’s album ‘Ceremonials’. I love this album to pieces, and whenever I listen to it, I find myself remembering seeing every song live in Newcastle a few years ago! It was incredible, she was incredible- the only thing that wasn’t was almost being smothered by the guy covered in sweat and carring a stench of weed! Enjoy the video for ‘Shake it Out’ though!;

I hope you’ve enjoyed the 5th edition of Music Monday’s, because this is where I tell you it’s taking a little bit of a holiday. Yes, I know- it’s sad, but the song pond needs time to refresh and so do I! I’m always on the look out to give you guys music you’ve never heard of but hopefully like, and I’ll still be doing that, so don’t worry. MM is just having a rest!

BUT never fear, it’ll be back soon enough!

I’ll leave you guys to feast on my music loves for this week.

Thanks and as always to keep up with me, you’ll find all of my links down below. Till next time my amigos,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify