Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #4

Bromigo’s, Sisterigo’s. It’s Monday, I know. But- before you start to cry- remember what Monday’s mean with me.. Music! Let’s get it going shall we?

#1. First up this week, it’s a band that’s already started to get the recognition they should have! I have to admit- I first properly paid attention to them when I found they were a support band for a gig I was going to for my birthday, back in February. But from then on in I loved what I heard, so I’ve followed them ever since. See- a prime example people should go to see the support acts! Down below is my favourite song by the band;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhfXl1OefI8

#2. This next one is still to this day, one of my favourite jams. I’m not even sorry. Fun fact- Marky Mark, is Mark Wahlberg. Next time you’re in a bad mood- just go over to YouTube and watch the video that’s down below. It’s hilarious, he’s so try-hard it’s painful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s

#3. Is like a fine wine to me. It’s a classic that never get’s old. I’ll admit I hadn’t listened to it in a little while- but when it came on (thanks Shuffle) I found out I still knew all of the words!

#4. This one is a brand spanking new one from Avicii, and I’ve listened to it so much already. It’s just a bit of a feel-good song, that sounds even better in the sun. It’s just a shame there hasn’t been too much of it lately! Take a listen;

#5. is from a North East band Little Comets, that I’m a massive fan of. They’ve been around a little while but I still love everything that they bring out. Remember the gig I mentioned going to when I talked about Catfish and the Bottlemen (#1) above? Well- it was a Little Comets gig. It was fantastic to get to see them in a ‘hometown’ gig, which was pretty much on my birthday too. Sadly, they’ve just today started a new tour and Newcastle isn’t a date on it. BUT, they tweeted me last week to promise me they’ll make sure there is a home gig soon enough. Fine by me, I’ll hold them too it.

#6. Yes, it’s album time. This week, I’ve been all over ‘ZABA’, works by Glass Animals. The album came out in June and I’ve listened to it off and on since, but this week I’ve had it on all the time. It’s just a slick kind of LP. I can’t honestly pin-point what it is I love about it so much.. but I can definitely recommend it. Just turn the lights down low, lie down on your bed, put in your headphones and just relax- then you’ll see.. sorry hear, what I’m talking about. Down below is one of my favourites from them; Gooey.

And with that, I’ll leave you to feast your ears on all 6 of my music loves. As always, I hope your monday was a pleasant one and that now you can sit back and relax. I’ll be doing exactly that a little later on, but I’m headed of to a Spark FM meeting in around an hour- so stay tuned for information on that in the coming days/weeks. Yup, I think that’s all I’ve got left to say, other than; I hope you have a fantastic week.

Thanks and as always to keep up with me, you’ll find all of my links down below. Till next time my amigos,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify