Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #3

Aloha bromigo’s and sisterigo’s, how’s it going? MM is a little bit of a late one today, it’s been a busy one! With that in mind, lets get straight down to business.

#1. Up first this week is a song by an Aussie band that I love a massive about. ‘Boy and Bear’ is a kind of indie-folk band with five talented fellas at the forefront of it all. The album (‘Moonfire’) that this song is taken from is a cracker and there isn’t a song on it I can fault. Check it out!

#2. In second this week is a classic, probably most noticeable from 1985 film classic ‘The Breakfast Club’. Or, more commonly today thanks to film ‘Pitch Perfect’.  Either way, I’d like to think we all do the fist pump to the song, thanks to one of them. Just listening to this has got me wanting to watch the 1985 film.

#3. This week is a fairly new one. Going live on YouTube back in August, Labrinth just wanted it to ‘Let It Be’.. Shameful. I know I know that was a cheap trick, but sometimes they’re the best. Given, in this case it wasn’t. I’m going to have to admit it and say I was late to the party finding this song, (But, give me a break- I was in rural Maine, USA when it went live). Listen, like, enjoy and love!

#4. Is still one of my many jams. I’ve no shame in admitting it, and I don’t feel like I have to say anything more on it. We all love it, even if some don’t like to admit it! R Kelly I salute you.

#5. All I wanna do is make you dance with me. No? Oh, okay. Well, click play, listen and dance with someone else and I’ll sit here and groove at my desk.

#6. Now, by the third addition of Music Monday’s, I’d hope you knew the drill. If you don’t go back to the first one and take a look, then the second, then come back here to catch up! 5 songs, 1 album. This is how this goes down. So, Dan Croll you magical man, get yourself down here, because your album ‘Sweet Disarray’ is Music Monday’s #3 album choice. It’s been out a little while, but it’s still a winner in my eyes. Again, every song on it is a cracker. There’s not one I ever want to skip past. The song down below is the very first song I heard by Croll, and still love to this day! I’ve seen him live and he’s just as good. Listen and love!

That’s about it for this weeks Music Monday’s but be sure to check back next week #4. I hope you liked it.

Thanks and as always to keep up with me, you’ll find all of my links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify