Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Keeping Ahead of the University Life Game.

Firstly, If you’re reading this, it’s a win because it means I’ve managed to post instead of delete. Secondly, apart from the MusicMonday that went up three days ago, I’ve been pretty scarce from the blogosphere the last few days.

Now, whilst I’m certain coming to University was one of a few of the best decisions I’ve made in my life to date, I’d be lying if I said I was on the finest of form. Because, I’ll be honest- I’ve already felt a little bit like I’m struggling to get the best balance of going to uni and doing everything that brings with it, all whilst having two jobs and still trying to have a social life. I’ve already let some of my work, friendships and a relationship suffer because of stressing the small stuff.

I’m well aware that I’ve brought it on all on myself. And that’s fine. Looking at the big picture, I don’t regret it. I’m still intending on doing everything I’ve got going on right now. I just need to get a better plan of handling it all. So.. If there’s one thing to take from this seemingly obscure post it’s this;

image4

If you’re looking to start university, or are already there- stop and take a look at some things. Get an idea of what you really want your next three years to be like and make a plan. It’ll make your life a whole lot easier- believe me. I’m not saying have an unchangeable plan, but have a general idea of where you want to go with your university life. Get a planner- having a visual of what your week looks like can help a massive amount. Actually seeing what needs to be done when, or who you’re seeing where- it’s a lot easier than trying to remember it all.

I’m not saying this to defer you from coming to university- far from it in fact. I just don’t want anyone to go and get unnecessarily stressed for no reason, like I did. Uni is a new challenge and adventure- enjoy it, don’t stress and worry. In the coming weeks I’ll try and make a post with a few different tips on how to manage your workload and social-load. And, if you’re like me and can’t help but stress because that’s just the type of person you are.. Sit back, relax and enjoy some Lou Bega on me (You can thank me later);

If you’re this far down, thanks for sticking with this seemingly rant like post- but it’s with the best of intentions. If you have any questions, be sure to shoot them down below or head over to my Facebook or Twitter and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks bromigos/sisterigos.. As always to keep up with me, you’ll find all of my links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify