Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #2

Greeting’s folks, it’s a pretty gloomy Monday, and I know- but before you say anything.. I have something to make it better;

Music Mondays #2! Yes, I thought that I’d throw out some more music I’ve loved listening too recently. So, lets get started;

#1. Lately I’ve been thinking if you wanna get tough, then let’s play rough. Yup, it’s none other than Disclosure’s ‘White Noise’. Yes it’s a year and a bit old, but I still love it. Every time it comes on, on shuffle- I find myself unable to change it, instead I just turn it up.

#2. is song I feel like I can remember hearing a few times in the past, but never remembered it much until I found it on a flight safety video I had to write about a couple of months back (watch it, it’s the best kind of flight safety video I’ve seen!). Now it’s always finding it’s way onto my shuffled playlists.. even if it’s the remix I have, it still counts!

#3. Now, it’s probably one of my top favourite songs to listen to- so it was bound to be on a ‘MM’ at some point.. ‘Naive’ from The Kooks is, if we’re being honest- one of, if not their most known songs. Which is no bad thing- I still love it today.

#4. This song even brings it’s own dance along with it. I say that- I don’t think it’s a widely known one- but, a group of campers at the summer camp I work at over in the states did a talent show dance to this song.. and it caught on. It was like a camp epidemic. Whenever that song was on, the dance was there with it. Still do this day- when I here the song, I do the dance. No shame, sorry not sorry.

#5. This is yet again a song that kind of never really gets old.. ‘Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall’ by none other than Coldplay. I can still remember when I first heard this song in particular- it was like, 3, maybe 4 in the morning and I just could not sleep- and I came across this as it pretty much went live online, and just absolutely loved it. I can recall just playing it and playing it again and again. I think this was also the song that made me go “I 100% want to go and see a Coldplay live gig. It’d just be epic.”

#6. Now, I’m pretty sold on Music Monday’s being a 5 song, 1 album kind of deal- so I’m going to stick with it. This time, it’s ‘Wanted On Voage’ from Mr. George Ezra. Again, I’m all for honestly as much as possible- so I’ll confess- I’m fairly certain I have a fully fledged man crush on Ezra right now. I just cannot get enough of him. I’ve listened to his album (Which, became a #1 whilst I wrote this post) constantly since it’s drop back in June. I’ve watched interviews he’s done and even just fan girl’ed over his BBC Radio1 Live Lounge (It’s bloody fantastic, he does a cover of a Cindi Lauper song) The video down below is the first track on the album, ‘Blame It on Me’. The album is fantastic and I could and would rave on about him all day, but I’ll stop now before it’s too late.. Just go listen to the album and you’ll see what I mean.

My fan-girling brings a close to the second edition of Music Monday’s. I hope you guys enjoyed it and of course- please feel free to post down below in the comments anything you think I should listen to, I’d love to hear ’em.

Thanks for listening guys, and as always to keep up with me, you’ll find all of my links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify