Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Music Monday’s #1

Aloha bromigo’s and sisterigo’s, how’s it going? I was going to hold this post till next week, but I’ve decided to make it a double whammy today and give 2 posts. So, let Music Monday’s commence..

I was sat on the metro on my way to Newcastle the other day, flicking through my Spotify playlist and thought it might be an idea to share what I’ve been listening too lately, purely in an effort to hopefully be able to share with you some more about me, what I’m into and who knows, maybe some stuff you’ve never heard of before and really like.

Now, this doesn’t mean it has to be something brand new on the music scene. Oh no, this blog is an all inclusive kind of blog, where all types of everything can come and be smothered with appreciation. There could be a varied mix of new, old, updated, recovered, remixed, everything. I may even share a guilty pleasure or two.. We all have them, so why not share the guilt! Ok, let’s get started shall we;

#1. first up we have a¬†relatively new song from an artist called fyfe. I’ve listened to his stuff for a while, even before he was ‘fyfe’ and I’ve loved it all. This song ‘For You’ does not disappoint. It’s brilliant, and I still can’t stop listening to it. Take a listen down below and let me know what you think;

#2. is a remix by none other than the talented fella that is Flume. It’s Lorde’s ‘Tennis Court’. In fine Flume fashion (try and say that again and again really quick..) it sounds fresh and slick. I’m still loving it.

#3. “I don’t want to be anything other than what I’ve been try’na be lately..” Now, I think this might just be my all time favourite song. It’s ‘I Don’t Want to Be’ by Mr Gavin DeGraw. I can’t not listen to this every once in awhile. It just never gets old!

#4. is ‘In a Perfect World’ by The Sam Chase. Ever since I heard it last year on a YouTube series I watched a little while ago, I’ve loved it. Ever since then I’ve listened to his album again and again and it’s just right up my street.

#5. goes to Ryn Weaver for ‘OctaHate’. Thank you Spotify browse for helping me find this. I’m a fan.

#6. This one is more than just a song. In fact, its an entire album. Monday the 15th of September saw Mr Vance Joy’s album ‘Dream Your Life Away’ finally drop in the UK. All I can say is, is that for me it was worth the wait. I can’t fault any of the songs on the album, they’re all a solid listen and I love them. Kudos VJ. Down below is just one of the songs on the incredible album.

That wraps up ‘Music Mondays’ (real original by the way Liam, original indeed) from my side, but I’d love to see some comments down below with some musical suggestions for me to have a listen to, so please feel free. I hope you guys enjoyed getting a 5 song, 1 album insight into my music tastes this week, and that you found something you maybe hadn’t heard before.

In the spirit of all things music- I’m going to start and link my Spotify down below so that you can see what I’ve been listening to, before the second edition of ‘MM’s’ and give it a follow if you’d like!

To keep up with me, check out all of my social media links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

Spotify