Liam Lillico | University of Sunderland

Broadcast Journalism BA (Hons)

Goodbye Summer, Hello Sunderland!

The summer of 2013 was an incredible time in my life, and so was 2014. All for the exact same reasons, but for brand new ones as well. In June I left my UK life behind and headed back to the United States of America, for the second summer in a row, all to spend my days working just a few steps away from the shores of Lake Thompson. There were times where it was tough yes, but it was awesome all the same. I got to see incredible old friends, and meet incredible new ones as well. Who wouldn’t want that!

B Staff Winners x

B Staff. The ‘B’ is for best. x

Once all of the work was done, it was time to say goodbye to Lake Thompson, possibly for good. Who knows if I’ll go back again.. only time will tell. This, though brought the thing that had gotten me through all the bad days. TRAVEL!

Golden Gate Vibes! x

Santa Monica sun-sittin' x Hello NYC!

It was incredible. I loved every minute of it, and my bank balance can vouch for that! If you want to take a look at more of my pictures, head over to instagram (the link is down below) where you’ll find my whole profile. Or, use the #tag #LiamericaRound2 for this years ‘grammed photos. If you’re up for a throwback, go take a look at last years photos (with an invasion of a couple annoyingly called Liam and Erica.) To do so, just use #Liamerica.

But, they say all good things come to an end, and that they did. Mostly. While its a goodbye to summer, it’s a hello to Sunderland. To a new type of adventure. University!

I’ve been given the opportunity to blog my first year away here, where I’ll be studying Mass Communications, living away from home with people I don’t know, hopefully having the best time of my life.. so lets get going! This is just a short introduction, whilst I attempt to figure out how to get the layout the way I want it, but more posts will be available soon.

To keep up with me, check out all of my social media links down below. Till next time guys,

-Liam

Human. Student. Traveler. Blogger. Part time Super Hero.

Facebook

Twitter

2 Responses to “Goodbye Summer, Hello Sunderland!”

1. Avril K says:

Very interesting read, Liam. I enjoyed reading about your travels to the United States of America, what an amazing adventure! You mentioned that you stayed near Lake Thompson, I wondered where that was in America? I look forward to reading more about your adventures at the University of Sunderland.

PS I would love to read more details about Liam and Erica.

• Liam Lillico says:

Thanks for the comment ‘Avril K’, it’s vastly appreciated. Lake Thompson is in the state of Maine, the ‘vacation state’. It’s a beauty. Also, I’m terribly sorry to report that I don’t have anymore information on Liam and or Erica. If you wish to know more, all I can advise is that you head over to instragram, use the #tag and go to their profile’s directly.
      Thanks again for the comment.
      -L