Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

Newcastle

Newcastle is the big neighbouring city next to Sunderland! When you visit Sunderland, or if you’re already from here..you will know the rivalry between Sunderland and Newcastle. I’m really not sure why as I enjoy being in both cities, but I think its probably because of the two football teams. Anyway, you can get to Newcastle from Sunderland via the metro, and it takes about 40mins. Personally I think the metro system could be modernised and improved to become slightly faster…but I’ll leave that up to someone else to change!!! So I went to Newcastle to shop with two of my best friends, Maria and Mark. Newcastle reminds me so much of London, as its like a really mini London! The shopping there is pretty good, and they do tend to have a lot bigger selection and choice of places to go than Sunderland. We went shopping in the Eldon Square part of the mall, and then we got lunch. Maria is actually from Cyprus, so luckily for her she was actually able to buy such cute summer clothes for her trip back home. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to as it isn’t exactly summertime here in the UK just yet 🙂 We got bubble tea again, which is our favourite!

photo-196

photo-197 copy
photo-195