Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

London, always a good idea…

After such a busy January back at uni, I decided to go back to home to London for a few days to have some fun seeing my friends and family, and my cute husky Lewie…whom I miss so much whilst I am away!

hang

I arrived back to London towards the end of the week, and spent my friday morning indulging in some shopping with my dad, and (much to his dismay) his credit card. Later I met up with my friends who are in their 3rd year studying Medicine at University in London. We went to their Medic’s student union..exclusive to medics (not sure how I managed to pass) and then to the ULU, the University of London’s Union. It was so fun going to see what university life is like outside of class for my friends who didn’t move away from home….definitely different to Sunderland!

babyro

On Saturday my dad planned for himself and I to visit my brother and his wife in Kent. My sister-in-law is currently pregnant, so it was extra special seeing them. They newly decorated their baby’s future room, and it was so adorable. I just can’t wait to be an Aunty in less than 10 weeks !
I spent much of my other time just catching up with other friends I hadn’t seen in a while for coffee, and lunch.

I probably won’t visit home until April when my little baby niece or nephew is born, though that is more than enough time away….too much work at the moment to spend time in London :p

lewie