Laura Blackett | University of Sunderland

Social Work BA (Hons)

#SunAirshow

Hi everyone!

Hope you are enjoying your summer whether your off adventuring abroad or sunning it up in the UK!

At the weekend I went along to Sunderland Airshow which was at Seaburn beach. I haven’t been since I was a little girl so I went to relive my childhood and because im a bit geeky for things like that! I couldn’t believe how busy it was, I have never seen so many people gathered in one spot in Sunderland before but it was worth it.

Top tips:

1. Take a picnic blanket and camping chairs and find a nice spot on the grass banks to watch the Airshow!

2. Park at St Peter’s campus and walk along, its a 5/10 minute walk from the Airshow and if you are a permit holder it’s free to park on a weekend!

3. Take spare change there are so many food and drink stalls and fairground rides to take advantage of!

I will definitely be going next year, and if you are coming to study at Sunderland in September you should too!

Lau x