Laura Blackett | University of Sunderland

Social Work BA (Hons)

My 23rd Birthday; cake, cake and cake!

Its been 10 whole days since my last blog post, and I apologise if people were starting to think I had dropped off the face of the earth.. but no I am still alive and kicking, apart from having aged another year!

I have been so overcome with presents, cake, celebrations and more cake that the days have all ended up in a blur and brings me to here! On 13th October I celebrated my 23rd birthday; I can’t say I was looking forward to it because it seemed so boring. 21 was a milestone birthday, 22 I could sing along to Taylor Swifts song, 23..Nothing.

It all worked out amazing in the end though and I have had the best time!

Birthday girl!

Birthday girl!

On the morning of my birthday I woke up in true princess style at Rockliffe Hall in Darlington, which is a 5 star (had to get that in there), spa & hotel. I spent the morning being waited on, having the most gorgeous breakfast, answering to madam, something I could most definitely get used to, and relaxing in the spa. I was then given actual permission to have free reign of my boyfriend’s bank card to go shopping and ended up with clothes and a free lunch at Frankie and Benny’s too. On the night I had champagne and cake with my family and enjoyed a Parmo, the best takeaway delicacy ever!

The next day at uni I was sitting minding my own business in class when my friends all walked in singing Happy Birthday complete with more cake, balloons and presents. They know me so well and I loved all of my presents! I went to visit my Nana and Granda on the night and guess what..MORE CAKE! My nana bakes me a cake every birthday and this year she had made me a Harry Potter inspired cake with sweeties inside, it tasted unreal. On Wednesday we all headed over to The Forge were my friends Neil & Ben had organised a party for me at their flat! When we got there they had decorated the place, got me more presents, and an OLAF cake made by Taylor. We all had a such a good night and it was the cherry on top of an amazing week of birthday celebrations.

I feel so loved, and thank you so much to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday I am ever so grateful!

Cake Compilation!

Cake Compilation!