Laura Blackett | University of Sunderland

Social Work BA (Hons)

A PROPER Roast!

IMG_5437.JPG

It’s common knowledge that students are either brilliant cooks or rely on flat takeaway menus to get by. One thing I missed last year was my Nana’s Roast Dinners, until I found this place ^. If your an existing student and you haven’t yet visited Proper Roast then your seriously missing out, and you need to re-arrange plans and head there this week!

Proper Roast is less than a 2 minute walk from Priestman building at City Campus, round the corner from Park Lane bus station and over the road from Cooper Rose! Show your student card and for £4.50 you’ll get a bun filled with Carvery meat, stuffing, homemade chips, gravy and a drink. You can get it to take out or sit in so it’s ideal if you need to rush back to uni or have an hour to burn!

IMG_5402.JPG

We first discovered it last year and are now regulars because it is AMAZING. The guy who owns it is called Lee and he is the most down to earth and funny person ever so it’s no wonder he has a good business going. I went with the girls from uni last week and he always gives us a laugh the minute we walk in. Lee will be the reason I won’t get my size 8 figure by Christmas but it’s too good to pass up!

IMG_5404.JPG

It’s also open quite late into the evening so you can always check it out before you head home from a big night out, I know we have plenty of times. One request though; if you do go just mention that you saw my blog so next time I go in I can wind him up and get a free dinner out of him for all of his new custom. He knows I’m cheeky..

Just a side note: If your near the empire cinema look out for the mini mart he has recently opened, ideal for stocking up on treats when your in the middle of an assignment and deserve it!

And there you have it; you can thank me later 🙂