Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

The 5 Days of Christmas – Day 5

There’s not a lot I can say about today other than it has been fantastic! I’m going to keep it short tonight because I’m busy gorging on Dairy Milk and chuckling aloud at local comedienne Sarah Millican’s DVD.

I had a ridiculously early start considering I’m now “an adult” but you’re never to old to see what Santa’s brought. I was up with the family at half seven (?!?!?!), trekking down the stairs. I was yet again spoilt rotten with a new camera, tickets to Alfie Boe’s concert and barely short of a metric tonne of chocolate up there in the list! Of course there was plenty of gifts from me to them too!

We then took a short drive to my Auntie’s house to see more of the family and it was soon time to tackle the mountain that was the Christmas dinner. It was then a few drinks and a few games and a few more drinks and then… Everybody crashed into a heap on the sofa – I realise how unhealthy this makes my family sound, but hey! It’s Christmas!

I have also noticed that when I’ve come to write these entries, everything comes to a blur, so I hope they haven’t been to boring! I will be posting a short video in the next week or so and getting back to normal after the new year.

I hope you’ve all had a fantastic day, whether you celebrate Christmas or not – more soon!

Kyle 🙂