Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

Sunderland University – Moot Court Room

Hello!
So I promised you all a video of the moot court room, it’s not the best but hopefully it gives you an idea of what the room is like and the facilities that are on offer at Sunderland university! The Moot Court room is used for many things, mooting and debating classes are held in the moot court allowing students to get a feel for the atmosphere that they would be in if presenting a court case in real life. Mooting competitions are also held in this room and recently held the internal Mooting and Debating competition, in which the final was held at the Supreme Court in London on Monday (22nd April) which was judged by Lord Hope of Craighead. It also held this years Criminal Litigation module oral exams, in which like mooting and debating students had to present a court case as either Prosecution, Defence or submit a Plea in Mitigation. Any who here’s the video which I took a few days before my criminal litigation exam hence the references to that in there, but I did that yesterday and think it went well :] I was prosecuting in a Bail application hearing, I lost the case (bail was granted and I was opposing bail, but the winning/loosing is not counted to your grade!) but it was still a good experience! :]