Kamile Niunevaite | University of Sunderland

Journalism BA (Hons)

5 THINGS I MISS ABOUT SUNDERLAND

Even though being in Cyprus and living ‘never ending holidays’ time is really amazing, I can say that I miss England, Sunderland and lots of things about university. So if you want to know what is on my ‘missing list’, here it is:

1. Media centre

You might think that I am crazy or I am lying but I am not. After 3 months of holidays from this place I can say that I would like to come back there now, sit in the cinema with other journalism students and listen for some lectures which are  sometimes interesting, sometimes not so much. I’d like to chill with my laptop sitting under the stairs and listening to Spark fm.  Or go to buy some coffee on a break. ‘Cappuccino please.’

2. Nightlife

I am not a big lover of night clubs but that’s probably the most popular activity for students when we want to go out. I miss being a part of a crazy crowd dancing all night, doing stupid things, watching pictures on your phone next morning and thinking ‘O M G’ .

3. University events

Sports events, films nights, open days, journeys, masterclasses, freshers events, live music nights… I’ll try not to miss so many chances to attend them as I did last year.

4.  Murray library

The best place not only to study and take the books, but also to meet friends and relax. ‘Let’s go to Murray to write our essays together’. You write 50 words, go buy Starbucks coffee, start never ending conversations about everything around, then leave the library late at night with the same 50 words in your Word paper.

5. Revolution

Revs is and will be my favourite place for food and drinks in Sunderland. 2-4-1 cocktails, discounts with Revolution student card. It’s a nice place to have lunch at the day time and try cocktails and have fun at night. Can’t wait for next chance to go there!

sunderland

See you in Sunderland soon! x

• Name: Kamile Niunevaite
  • Studying: Journalism BA (Hons)
  • Hometown: Panevežys, Lithuania
  • Ambitions: I am planning to make a career as a journalist and my dream is to work for a magazine.