Kamile Niunevaite | University of Sunderland

Journalism BA (Hons)

LIMASSOL

Hello everyone!

On my first day off in Cyprus I decided to escape from my ‘village’ where I live now and go to Limassol, ‘the city that never sleeps’. As a big lover of big cities and night life I’ve totally enjoyed it.

Limassol is second biggest city in Cyprus and is a popular place with tourists. As  most of the cities here, it is is rich of mythical stories and monuments. Unfortunately, I had only one night to stay there so couldn’t enjoy all of attractions there.

We’ve spent the night at the busiest street of Limassol which is full of bars, pubs, clubs and hotels and on the other side of the street you can see never ending beach. I was sitting in a car and couldn’t decide which side to look at.

IMG_4893[1] IMG_4895[1]

We also visited Guaba beach bar which is one of the best party places for summer in the world. It looks like a playhouse from the outside but inside there are few bars, huge ‘beds’ to lay on the beach, games and more stuff. Combination of fun people, sea, sun, nice drinks and music – Guaba is all about that.

Can’t wait for another chance to go there again.

• Name: Kamile Niunevaite
  • Studying: Journalism BA (Hons)
  • Hometown: Panevežys, Lithuania
  • Ambitions: I am planning to make a career as a journalist and my dream is to work for a magazine.