Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

The Nervous Wait For Degree Results

Since leaving Sunderland at the back end of May it has been a busy five weeks of work back at my local leisure centre for me. I have thrown myself into the job, racking up as many hours as I can possibly cram in, so as to alleviate the boredom and numb the pain of the tediously excruciating wait for my degree results.

I’m pretty sure that this coming Monday (July 1st) is d-day but I’m so nervous about the outcome that I haven’t even checked to confirm that yet. Even just writing about it has given me that horrible butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach! It is very difficult to put any thoughts about my final mark to the back of my mind because every time I check Facebook or Twitter somebody somewhere seems to be talking about their own results!

I haven’t got any plans to celebrate my results should everything go to plan because I’m working all week but I’ll certainly make up for that following graduation. For now though if I’m not working, I’m at the gym or out running, it seems I will do literally anything to avoid thinking about opening that brown envelope next week.

Fingers crossed, I’ll get the mark I’ve been hoping for…

2 Responses to “The Nervous Wait For Degree Results”