Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

The End Of Lectures

Last Friday was the final lecture of my time at the University of Sunderland, I’m still up here for a few more weeks yet though as there’s numerous deadlines still to be met. I cannot believe that three years has flown by so quickly, it is literally unbelievable! 

For me spending the second year of my degree in America makes it feel as though I’ve barely been in Sunderland at all which is a little sad because I really do love life up here in the North East but obviously I wouldn’t swap my year abroad for the world either! I’m in quite a reflective mood at the minute and also writing for this blog  means procrastinating from my various essays and dissertation work, so I’m more than happy to share my thoughts for a few minutes!

I have two essays due in this week, one on Tuesday and another on Thursday, then I’ll be letting my hair down at the end of year Baywatch themed pub-crawl on Friday! After that I’ll be putting the finishing touches to my dissertation to hand in the following Thursday.

After we’ve handed in our dissertations a fair few of the Sports Journalists are going for a meal in Newcastle to celebrate before embarking on a no doubt messy crawl through the city! There’s a lot to get through before then though!

Following that Thursday I’m not entirely certain what my plans will be, all I know for sure is I’m going home to leafy Cheshire, continuing work in my local leisure centre and chilling out ahead of my lads holiday in Ibiza! Only when I get back from Spain will I start to consider where my future lies! Oh and then there’s graduation in July too… Well providing these next few weeks go to plan anyway!!!

One Response to “The End Of Lectures”