Jamie Baker | University of Sunderland

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

The Final Straight

As I write this there are only three and a half weeks remaining of my time at the University of Sunderland. I could use all of the cliches under the sun to describe how fast it has gone but I’ll refrain! I think I have something like six deadlines in these final few weeks and the pressure really is beginning to build.

The reassuring thing is that soon it will all be over and hopefully with a decent degree at the end of it, all of the hours spent in the library will prove to have been more than worth it! I still have no clue what I want to do after university, I was unsuccessful when interviewed for a job in Business Journalism back in March but that’s been my only sniff of employment thus far.

I think I will go back home and take stock of my life whilst continuing to work at my local leisure centre and hopefully something exciting will turn up for me.

For now it’s a good night’s sleep for me as they have been few and far between lately and I have no doubt that will continue to be the case for the¬†foreseeable future! But hey, you only get out of a degree what you put into it!