Isaac Alade | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy MPharm

The University of Sunderland, a very multicultural place to be.

So it’s been two weeks since I’ve officially started 3rd year of my pharmacy course and it’s still hard to believe that not to long ago, I was in turkey looking down from the balcony of my hotel at the marvelous scenery.

turkey1

In all honesty I’ve been struggling to get back into the swing of studying only managing to do a little here and there, mostly because I’ve been catching up with so many people I have not seen though out the summer holiday.

During this two week period it came to my attention that I had met and became friends with a large range of people of different ethnicity and nationalities , whilst studying at the university. To me this is highly valuable as it has allowed me to learn about, appreciate and respect other peoples cultures.

Meeting such a large range of people definitely opens ones mind to the much larger world around them, as well as increasing  the chance of a free food and a bed to sleep on whilst travelling.

Luckily I’ve already been promised somewhere to stay in Taiwan, Malaysia and Canada! Hopefully I’ll be visiting one of these places next summer if everything goes as planned. The University of Sunderland has students attending from over 30 different nationalities, making it an institute I can definitely recommend if you’re interested in meting a large range of people from all over the world.   Here’s some of the very amazing people I’ve met so far :

Bananna

My beautiful leprechaun from Ireland 😛

missnigeria

Miss Smiley from Nigeria

Canadians

The Canadian pharmacy gangsters. They study hard, real hard hahahaha.

yeaa

My Taiwanese crew, also got some Romanian,Malaysian and East African students hidden in the picture. 😛