Caitlin Irwin | University of Sunderland

English and Creative Writing BA (Hons)

Top 3 Favourite Things Abut University

The Opportunities

They are endless. There is so many societies to pick from and join at the University, but that really isn’t just it. This year not only have I got to be a blogger, but I’ve been on Spark Radio, started to help run the ‘writing north east’ blog, helping start a magazine with Spectral Visions, getting the opportunity to be published, getting my video put on the University website. It’s been crazy and I know theres still so much more ahead.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 14.19.38 (on Spark Radio)

The People

And I don’t just mean other students, everyone from students, to lecturers, to disability support staff. It’s without a doubt I’ve met some of my best friends at University this year. Like, to the point we have cute nick names for each other (please don’t kill me guys), and so many group chats. I’ve mentioned in previous blogs how amazing the lecturers are here, they’re always there to help you with work and much more. The english department has to be one of the closest and the best departments in the entire University. So big up English.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 14.16.58

(Me and Holly/Hollivanda/Bae/Youelly)

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 14.17.28 (English students/lecturers)

Wednesday Nights (…so many nights out)

Coming to University in Sunderland will open up so many opportunities. One of the, er, less so academic opportunities is the chance to get ‘sensibly’ drunk on a student night. If you’re in a society wednesday night will be a ritual, and if you just love going out it’ll pretty much be a ritual too.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 14.17.53

(Squad wednesday night pre-drinks)

Peace,

Caitlin x