Caitlin Irwin | University of Sunderland

English and Creative Writing BA (Hons)

Freshers Events!

Sunderland Nights out are a lot better than I expected. Having being used to Newcastle, I thought the nights out here would be quite quiet…I have been pleasantly surprised. The best thing about it, cheap drinks…and I mean cheap.

The freshers events in Sunderland have been great. I’ve already briefly spoken about the S Club party, which was a moment to seriously relive my childhood. Screaming ‘REACH FOR THE STARS’ at the top of my voice it something I don’t think I’ll ever forget.

On Monday I also went to the foam party, it was packed! One pound drinks in Gatsby’s followed by being covered in foam surrounded by people who are all radiating positivity as Sunderland students was an amazing experience. I bumped into some people I knew from high school, which was a bit of a blast from the past too. (I left high school in year 11 like 3/4 years ago). They where going into there second year, and I also spoke to some other second and third years, I’m yet to here a bad thing about the University. Everybody keeps telling me how much I’m going to love it here, and so far I think they’re right!

(my little selfie before the foam party, unfortunately I did not end up looking like this at the end…more like a drowned rat with curly hair and mascara all down my face. warning to others: seriously consider your clothing and make up choices before foam party’s or just avoid mirrors all night)

I went out again last night, which is ‘Play’ in Sunderland, again cheap cheap drinks! Unfortunately I had a few to many of these cheap cheap drinks and it resulted in me spending all day in bed. Until my wonderful father came and picked me up from my flat took me home and made my dinner for me. #topdad 

Sunderland might not have the biggest and best names in student freshers, but by far the best people. Still loving every second.

Can’t wait for Pop Recs tomorrow, live music and sets from Frankie and The Heartstrings, hopefully taking my dslr and steadycam so there should be a little video to follow. Lots more to tell about a book launch organised by some of my lecturers next friday, so will be blogging again very shortly!

Keep reading, let me know what you think, and follow my instagram! @caitlinlivesonline

Peace x