Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

FUTURES BOOTCAMP

Hi Everyone!

Today I would like to share some very good news with you. I’m over the moon about this upcoming project. Curious what I’m talking about? Then continue reading!

A couple of weeks ago I participated in the Futures Bootcamp organised by the Enterprise Place on behalf of the University of Sunderland. This project was aimed at students who are interested in learning how to set up their own business, work as a freelancer and other aspects of business.

So I spent a week attending workshops and masterclasses which were V-E-R-Y useful. Every day was different, so I’ve been told stuff from what types of business are in the UK and taxes to marketing and networking. I’ve also got a chance to meet a couple of members from the Enterprise Place who already run very successful businesses.

The Bootcamp wasn’t only about attending classes and learning things. I and other participants were actually developing our own business ideas and on the final day we had to pitch those business ideas with the best one winning an automatic entry to the Enterprise Place. Do you want to know who won? Me! I was chosen as the winner of this project and my digital and content marketing idea opened the door to the Enterprise Place. I’m starting a six-month contact with this organisation in August (Yeeeeeey). I wish, I can tell you more about my business and its idea, but I have to keep everything in secret for now…

However, I would like to share a video with you about one of the successful businesses that are currently supported by the Enterprise Place. Zoe Binet is a founder of the most beautiful handcrafted toys company called Monster Pie Toys (you can see those amazing creatures here). Zoe has joined the Enterprise Place in 2014 and today her beauties are sold all over the world. So if you want to know more about Zoe and her success story, then click the PLAY button below!

[youtube id=”YoNaFE4k68Y”]