Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

BYE-BYE UNI ASSIGNMENTS! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, GUYS!

IMG_6938Hi!

A couple of days ago it was the day I’d submitted my final project. I’m still finding hard to realise what just happened, because all this final year was the most craziest and stressful EVER. After months of putting everything together, millions of mental breakdowns, thousands litres of tears and thoughts about dropping out from university, I would like to introduce my little baby – my travel magazine Travelust.

The reason I’ve chosen to produce a travel magazine is because I love traveling. I think travel is greatest life experience and there is no such a thing you could buy in order to outlive such a breath-taking moments. The second reason that pushed me into this ‘theme’ – travel bloggers. After of years reading travel blogs I got inspired by other people and their adventures; also realised there aren’t many travel magazines writing about these people and their crazy lives, so I decided to tell their stories.

My magazine consists of 50 pages of stories told by real life travellers: they aren’t paid travel experts, they just people who have swapped their 9 to 5 lives into a much more interesting way of living – travel. They share their own experiences and also seek to inspire others to start exploring the world, which is such a beautiful thing.

I’d also shared my own travel experience in Morocco. If you follow my blog, you might remember my post about my little trip to Marrakech and how I almost missed my flight. Thanks to God, I managed to catch the plane and as the result 14 pages article has born.

I would like to say A BIG THANKS to everyone who supported me over these months and believed in my when I didn’t believe in myself.

Dear travel bloggers, photographers, the illustrator and people who got involved, THANK YOU for collaborating – you are the reason Travelust exists today.

Best

Brigita

P.S. I’m going to upload a full version of my magazine when I receive the results and the feedback. Fingers crossed!