Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

MY MODELLING EXPERIENCE

Hi, Untitled

Last week I attended the wedding show which took place at Sunderland Minster and was organized by the ETC  – a luxurious lifestyle magazine based in the North East of England.  However, I wasn’t there looking for wedding ideas (not this time though), I was modelling (strike a pose).

I and a couple of other girls from the journalism course transformed into brides-to-be and walked through the catwalk showing very beautiful vintage wedding dresses. If you’re thinking it was an easy task – you are wrong! I got an honour to open the show, so I was feeling super nervous before entering the stage. First impression is always very important! Thanks God, everything went very well and nobody fell or had other extreme situations.

So we arrived to the Sunderland Minster four hours before the runway show. We’ve got our hair and makeup done, tried dresses on and then were rehearsing, rehearsing and rehearsing the walking. When everyone knew what to do, we got back to the backstage and had some chocolates and fun while waiting (yes models eat) for the big moment.

I remember, I was walking down the catwalk with my serious face (tried to look as much professional as possible), then strike a pose with the right arm on the hip, the left one on the hip and continue walking.

My first thought when I went on the stage was: “so many people!”  Everyone were watching me and constantly taking pictures, and it felt like I’m at the London Fashion Week.

I also made a short video about this event. I hope you, guys, will enjoy it!

P.S. I would like to say a very big THANKS to the last year’s Lives Online blogger Kamile and her classmates for sharing the catwalk video footage with me.

P.S.S. Visit ETC’s website to know more about this or other events that happened in the North East of England.

[youtube id=”J1D5CvOOx3M”]