Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

It’s fun to be international!

Happy Monday Everybody!

People usually ask me what language I use for my dreams while sleeping. Do you know what, I’ve never thought about that.  So the other night  I decided to find out if my dreams are in Lithuanian or in English.

I went to bed and before falling asleep I was telling myself to remember the language. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I actually was curious to know. Especially, I wanted to know if the people from my country use English in my dreams and how does that look like.

international-students (1)

So I fall asleep, but unfortunately I haven’t had any dreams that night or I just cannot remember them. The night after and the other night after the situation was the same – BIG NOTHING.

Last night I had a dream (finally) which was about the university and the language I used was English (surprise surprise). Probably I would say that the language of my dreams depends on the situation – if it’s about my home or family then obviously it will be in Lithuanian, but if I’am dreaming about my life here in England, then it’s in English. I know that sounds logical, but at the same time it’s strange…

There is one more thing I want to share with you today. I asked my friend Militsa to tell about her very first experience in England. So click the Play below and enjoy Militsa’s love story.

[youtube id=”sRGD22nnmrY”]