Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

Sunderland vs Manchester City

Labas/Hi!

Hope you are all doing ok!

I can’t believe it’s already December! Only a couple of weeks more and we’ll be celebrating Christmas, and starting a second semester in the University. SECOND SEMESTER OF THE FINAL YEAR!!!!! However, deep breath and don’t freak out!

As I am having a very busy time and trying to get done as much uni work done as I possibly can before Christmas, I still go out with my friends occasionally. Socializing is very important. Last night I had a chance to go to see the football match between the Sunderland and the Manchester City clubs at the Stadium of Light. Unfortunately, Sunderland lost the match 1:4 this time… but still, well done guys!

I’m not the biggest football fan, but I really enjoyed the game. Before the game I was very pessimist about it and thought it would be the most boring 90 minutes of my life, but actually I found it entertaining. Especially it was fun when Sunderland’s team scored a goal and everyone just jumped in the air and started screaming from excitement. Well actually I was a bit scared at the beginning, but then stood up and joined the crowd. IMG_3027

The most exciting thing for me was Sunderland’s mascot Wild Cat. When I saw that giant kitten walking around the stadium, I became a 5-years-old girl that desperately needs to get a picture with it. The kitten was covering my face with its paw, so it took me 5 minutes to get a normal picture.

The worst thing about the match was that I got supercold. I was dreaming about a cup of hot chocolate all the time and definitely bringing one with me next time.

Bridge XXX