Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

Murray Library – the Best Place to Study

Hi!

We all have a list of my favourites that includes beloved food, restaurants, places to go out, books and films, music and its artists and other stuff. When you come to university this list becomes a bit longer as you add another very important thing – the best place to study.

Murray library is officially my favourite place to study and probably if you ask other current students they will tell you the same, because there is no such other place like Murray library. I love spending time here, especially in a Design Suite. If I have to design a magazine this room is perfect because there are all the facilities we need – macs with a huge screen and software.

Murray library is located at the City Campus and close to town, and it’s open 24/7. I am trying to avoid spending nights in a library, but the amount of assignments we get and an aspiration to produce the best product you possibly can makes me sometimes to choose the library rather than sleep.  Once I actually slept here, as I was so tired of writing an essay that I decided to take a couple of hours’ nap on the sofa. But that was my one and only library nightlife experience so far.

One more great thing about Murray is that you can not only study here but also grab a cup of coffee with your friends at the Starbucks on the first floor opposite the entrance. When I come to study with my friends we always sit separately in order to avoid distracting each other and then have coffee breaks there.

I made a short video tour in case you are a current student that haven’t been in this library yet or maybe you are a potential student. So click  the Play button below and enjoy  a minute of Murray library experience.

Bridge xxx

http://youtu.be/UpnxORR-Gu4[youtube id=”UpnxORR-Gu4″ mode=”normal” align=”left”]